“Silver reflective or white plastic flex is just fine.”
I hope this quick article can change your mind! Check out the pictures! We found a rodent had broken through the plastic vent and made itself at home. Just imagine if the dryer had thrown a spark out the back! That spark could have ignited all that pine straw in the attic of this home, and the damage would have been catastrophic! Rodents do not eat through a metal pipe. And if a fire should happen inside an adequately installed metal pipe, there is a good chance that the fire will burn itself out before it spreads to the property.